Medical Engineering & Neuroprosthetics
Fraunhofer Institute for Biomedical Engineering
Clean room processes.
© Fraunhofer IBMT.
- Design tools for development of flexible substrates with integrated electrodes for neural implants (CAD: LASI, electromechanical simulation: FlexPDE)
- Co-utilization of the IBMT clean room for fabrication and assembly of neural implants with feature sizes of down to 5 micrometers (lithography, metal deposition, reactive ion etching, polyimide oven, parylene C deposition, bonder)
- Laboratory for assembly (gluing, soldering, welding), encapsulation (parylene, silicone) of electrodes, wires and implants, fabrication of molds
- Measurement laboratory for electrochemical, optical and mechanical characterization of electrodes, particularly investigation of field distributions for microelectrodes, electrical impedance spectroscopy, stability under mechanical stress and leakage current measurement
- Electrotechnical laboratory for development and fabrication of distributed sensors and actuators, including design tools for development of analog and digital circuits and systems for physiological measurement technology and electrical stimulation
- Rapid prototyping with 3D printer and 3D scanner
- Laboratory for processing of silicone structures including directed optimization of theit properties by biological surface functionalization and integration of filling materials
- Laboratory for development and application of devices and methods of clinical neurophysiology including eye-tracking and thermography
- Driving simulator for evaluation of driving behavior and condition of the driver using dynamically acquired vital parameters
- 3D measurement station of acquisition and evaluation of motion sequences including 16-channel recording of EMG with wireless transmission